Early childhood education is a rewarding career in a field with high demand. High-school students, in career and technical centers, interested in a career in early childhood education have a unique opportunity to participate in the Early Childhood Education Pre-Apprenticeship Program. The Pre-Apprenticeship Program pairs classroom-based learning and CCV credit-bearing academic education with on-the-job experiential learning in a community early childhood education setting.
Benefits to participating students include:
- Stipend of $13/hour for between 5 – 10 hours a week for on-the-job learning in an early childhood education program
- Ongoing support by an experienced mentor to guide, observe, and offer feedback to the student as they develop skills within early childhood education
- CCV credit-bearing course, Introduction to Early Childhood Education, at no cost to students (students will use either a Fast Forward or Dual Enrollment voucher)
- Support of their CTE teacher with college-level coursework
- Hours spent in experiential learning and approved training carry over to the VT Early Childhood Apprenticeship Program
The Early Childhood Education Pre-Apprenticeship Program allows students to earn their high school diploma, get paid work experience under the guidance of an experienced early childhood educator/mentor, and gain transferrable postsecondary education at no cost to them.
After high school graduation, students who complete the ECE Pre-apprenticeship program will be ready to join the VT Early Childhood Apprenticeship Program, continue studying at the college level, and/or work in an early childhood education program.
If you would like to learn more about the VT ECE Pre-Apprenticeship Program, please contact email@example.com, 802-387-0870, or the Career and Technical Education Program in your region.