VTAEYC is a professional membership organization that promotes high-quality early learning for all young children birth to age 8, by connecting early childhood practice, policy and research.
Our membership is open to anyone who cares about the education and well-being of young children. Membership is maintained by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). A membership with VTAEYC and NAEYC go hand-in-hand which allows you to play a greater role in improving early childhood education in your community as well as around the country.
Who should join?
- Early Childhood Educators
- Public school teachers
- Family child care providers
- Special educators
- Head Start staff
- College faculty
- Resource & referral staff
- Government agency staff
- VT business owners
- Afterschool personnel
- College and high school ECE students
- and . . . anyone interested in improving opportunities for children!
Types of membership:
All VTAEYC members, regardless of membership level, receive the following benefits:
- Networking with peers nationally and in Vermont
- Advocacy alerts and program updates
- Reduced rates to attend VTAEYC conferences
1. Entry (Digital) Level Membership ($30)
Entry Level membership provides digital access to NAEYC and its diverse collection of professional resources.
- Access to content you can use right away—such as ideas for implementing developmentally appropriate practice, fostering strong family engagement, and more— through NAEYC digital resources.
- Access to HELLO, home of NAEYC’s Interest Forums, where you can connect with members who share your specific passion.
- Discounted insurance offerings through the Trust for Insuring Educators (TIE), including professional liability insurance, home, auto, and more.
- 20 percent discount on all orders from NAEYC’s online store, as well as access to exclusive member-only resource sales during the year.
- Exclusive access to member-only sessions at NAEYC events, including the member-only lounge at Annual Conference and the member-only hour in the exhibit hall.
- Discounted office supplies through Office Depot and OfficeMax, including technology products, office essentials, furniture, and more.
- Registration opportunities for member-only events, including our Public Policy Forum, which brings members together in Washington, DC, to advance federal and state early childhood policy.
- 15 percent tuition reduction with Walden University. Conditions apply, visit this page for more information.
2. Standard Membership ($69)
NAEYC Standard membership ensures you’re fully equipped as a professional, with the latest resources, events, research, discounts, and more. Benefits at the Standard level include ALL Entry Level benefits, plus:
- A subscription to one of NAEYC’s award-winning periodicals. Choose from Young Children (YC) or Teaching Young Children (TYC). Published four times a year as three print issues (Spring, Fall, and Winter) and a digital issue (Summer).
- One complimentary NAEYC ebook, published and selected by NAEYC, delivered to you during your membership year.
- Registration discounts for NAEYC’s events, including our Annual Conference and Professional Learning Institute.
- One complimentary registration for one NAEYC online professional learning course during your membership year.
- Full access to the digital archive of Young Children, which allows you to browse and download issues dating back to 1956 through 2015.
3. Premium Membership ($150)
NAEYC Premium membership provides unparalleled access to NAEYC’s robust suite of member benefits. Premium members receive ALL benefits at the Entry and Standard levels, in addition to:
- Subscriptions to both of NAEYC’s award-winning periodicals, Young Children (YC) and Teaching Young Children (TYC). Each published four times a year as three print issues (Spring, Fall, and Winter) and a digital issue (Summer).
- A total of four complimentary handpicked publications by NAEYC and delivered to you during your membership year (3 print books and 1 ebook), as well as one $22 coupon towards the purchase of a publication of your choice (for a total of 5 free books each year!).
- Complimentary registration for two NAEYC online professional learning courses during your membership year.
- Exclusive access to VIP events, such as book signings and networking sessions, at NAEYC’s Annual Conference and Professional Learning Institute.
4. Family Membership ($35)
This is an exciting membership option designed for members outside of the early learning profession, including parents, family members, and early childhood advocates. Benefits include:
- Access to exclusive NAEYC content specifically for families. Looking for high-quality early learning centers? Wondering how best to support your child’s learning once they get home from school? This is the membership option for you!
- Access to NAEYC’s Interest Forums, where you can connect with members to learn about specific topics in early childhood. A great resource for families!
- Discounted insurance offerings, including home, auto, and life insurance.
- 20 percent discount on all orders from NAEYC’s online store, as well as access to exclusive member-only sales during the year.