Inspiring Early Childhood Leadership: Strategies to Ignite Passion and Possibility
A Northern Lights approved, online real-time training facilitated by Susan MacDonald and offered by Let\’s Grow Kids and VTAEYC.
- Wednesday, April 28, 2021
- Wednesday, May 26, 2021
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021
All sessions are 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM ET. Note this is a three-part program; plan to attend all three sessions.
Positive strengths-based leadership is a key factor in transforming the quality of early childhood education programs. Through interactive experiences, we will explore well-researched, inspirational, and motivational leadership techniques, focusing on strength-based communication, collaboration, positivity, and delegating with confidence. Our work together will focus on these vital questions:
How can we:
- motivate and inspire teachers?
- bring renewed energy, joy, engagement and intentionality into our learning communities?
- embrace and facilitate change?
- create healthy, dynamic workplace relationships in our respective contexts
- reconnect to our own passion with a renewed sense of purpose in our work?
Our fundamental goal is to inspire and guide leaders to move past their current challenges toward a vision of new possibilities – leaving refreshed, recharged, and ready to facilitate positive change in their daily work and learning communities.
The strategies in Susan’s award-winning book, Inspiring Early Childhood Leadership: Eight Strategies to Ignite Passion and Transform Program Quality, will guide our work together.
It is recommended that each participant purchase the book. There is a 15% discount code offered by the publisher on the registration page.
- Increase their understanding of how to initiate and maintain an open, honest, inclusive, and respectful process for engaging all stakeholders in the dialogues necessary to create and sustain high quality early childhood programs
- Identify three key benefits of utilizing new strategies to support their ongoing professional development
- Use the reflective practice exercises from the workshop to support them as they intentionally focus on bringing increased positive energy to all aspects of their professional development work
- Utilize the current and comprehensive resources list to enhance their knowledge and provide them with new insights to support positive growth and change
Susan MacDonald is the founder of Inspiring New Perspectives, a consulting group focused on empowering school leaders and educators to create learning environments that deeply respect and nurture the possibilities that lie within each teacher, child, and parent. Susan’s passion and expertise for creating positive change are reflected in her professional speaking and coaching and in her recent award-winning book, Inspiring Early Childhood Leadership: Eight Strategies to Ignite Passion and Transform Program Quality.