You can make a difference! Be an integral part of the Early Childhood Education Pre-apprenticeship Program and support students down a career pathway to a fulfilling future in early childhood education.
Requirements and Expectations:
- ECE programs have 3 stars in the VT STARS program
- Mentors have a minimum of Level 3A on the Northern Lights Career Ladder
- Mentors provide positive guidance and timely feedback to interns
- Mentors observe interns, complete one skill-level assessment monthly, and submit monthly mentor logs
Benefits to early childhood education programs and mentors:
- Mentors receive a stipend of $500/semester
- ECE programs receive a stipend of $250/semester
- Mentors may take Mentor Pedagogy course with the option to receive graduate or undergraduate credit at no cost
- Personal satisfaction of knowing you and your ECE program are playing a unique role in supporting students at the very beginning of their early childhood education career journey.
If you would like to learn more about sponsoring or mentoring a high school student in the VT ECE Pre-Apprenticeship Program, please contact Dianne Carter, email@example.com, 802-673-5036, or the Career and Technical Education Program in your region.