Skip to content
- IN FOOD EQUITY AND ACCESS. The current food system reinforces injustice and inequity. In a sustainable food system, everyone will have access to nutritious, healthy, affordable foods and opportunities to produce it.
- A HEALTHY DIET IMPACTS STUDENT SUCCESS. Students who are well-fed with nutritious foods are able to be more engaged and successful in their learning.
- PLACE-BASED FOOD, FARM, & NUTRITION EDUCATION IMPACTS THE HEALTH OF STUDENTS AND SCHOOL CULTURE. Farm to School gives students the knowledge , skills and values to make healthy choices for themselves and their communities.
- INVESTING IN LOCAL AGRICULTURE IS CRITICAL. Local food systems are essential to the health of the local economy, environment, and communities.
- A HEALTHY FOOD SYSTEM IS CRITICAL TO A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE. Food systems are a powerful lens for exploring and addressing the complex issues of sustainability.
- IN THE POWER OF COLLABORATION. School systems change when a diversity of partners and the school community align to invest in creating change together.