The Early Child Educator of the Year Award is presented by the Vermont Association for the Education of Young Children (VTAEYC), the state’s largest membership organization for early childhood educators, and is sponsored by Let’s Grow Kids.
Established in 2015, this award recognizes excellence in the teaching of Vermont’s young children and emphasizes the importance of high-quality early childhood education. Each year, the award is given to a Vermont early childhood educator who demonstrates exceptional skill and dedication that positively impacts the lives of children, families, and the community.
The winner receives a cash prize of $2,500 and expenses paid to one VTAEYC conference and one NAEYC conference.
This year’s award will recognize an early childhood educator who demonstrates the following in their work with young children.
- Commitment to the 10 NAEYC standards for early childhood programs (https://www.naeyc.org/our-work/families/10-naeyc-program-standards)
- Commitment to creating an inclusive community that meets the needs of families and children with a variety of backgrounds
- Commitment to professional, quality early childhood education programming
- Leadership within the early childhood field
- Applies their training and education in early childhood education
- Commitment to continuing education, coursework, or training in early childhood development
- Acts as a resource for families served by the early childhood program
Nominees must work in a regulated center, home- or school-based program caring for and teaching children within the birth to 8 age-range and have been an early childhood educator for 3 or more years.
VTAEYC and LGK employees and past winners are ineligible for this award.