The Director or Assistant Director performs administrative functions, maintains center operations and sometimes teaches in the classroom. This role oversees the function, operation and leadership of the center. The position requires a passion for our work, a strategic vision, significant capacity for marketing and fundraising and the ability to support the day-to-day operations high quality Early Childhood program. The Director or Assistant Director will have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a passion for nurturing children and their families.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to build strong, effective relationships, communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Provide supervision, support and leadership to center employees to ensure professional growth, compliance, and safety in the program.
- Provide high quality care to the children and families in the center.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills with the ability to act quickly, safely and efficiently.
- Demonstrate professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Provide clear and effective communication appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrate patience, compassion, and empathy.
- Engage in professional development throughout the year.
- Demonstrate detail-orientation with excellent organizational skills.
- Experience creating and managing a budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major or concentration in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Child and Family Services, Elementary/ Special Education with a birth to age eight (8) focus or a Bachelor’s Degree with thirty (30) college credits with an early childhood focus and 1-2 years of experience working with groups of young children.
- Must qualify as an Assistant Director per the Child Care Licensing regulations for the state of Vermont.